To Tan, or Not To Tan

Friday 17 June 2016 |

I’m a pale gal and I have a problem. I’m not sure whether I should embrace my natural albeit ghostly skin for good, or keep getting my trusty fake tan fix; you could say I have commitment issues.

I’ve only been experimenting with tanning for four or five years, so I’m no die hard fan, and I would never dream of going near anything other than ‘light’. But honestly, when Spring time rolls around and summer approaches, something in the back of my head tells me I don’t look right. Pale skin and summer clothes just don’t feel right without some sort of glow.

My first problem is I don’t tan naturally. Between May and September I’m lucky if I gain a few freckles. In Australia I burnt and it eventually turned into a famer’s tan. Score!

I just want to take a second to check my privilege. I’m lucky to get to worry about what shade of white I am.

So in the absence of a natural tan, I have to spend money on it, and let me tell you, trying to find a natural- looking, non- orange fake tan ain’t cheap. My current tan of choice is the St Tropez Express Tan, and although it’s the perfect olive shade, it’s also a whopping £11.

There comes a time in a girl’s life when she has to either embrace the glow for life or choose permanently pale, and the time for me is now. I so want to rock the pale English rose look but it’s a bit of a leap of faith.

What do you think?


Please share your tanning struggles with me!

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me