What I've read on the web this week

Tuesday 14 June 2016 |


1.    This succinct article in The Guardian perfectly sums up my feelings about the current state of British political culture- albeit much more eloquently than me. It makes me wonder which point I will look back on as the point at which I decided to leave England.

2.    You won’t hear about this in the mainstream media” tackles the barrage of attacks faced by journalists, particularly the uniquely personal and sexual attacks faced by female journalists. It points out the genuine threat this poses to democracy. You truly won’t hear about this in the MSM.

3.    I loved this piece by Lin Manuel Miranda about making theatre more affordable so it reaches those who would benefit from it most

4.    I have so much love for this HelloGiggles think piece from Rachel Charlene on bodies, race, class, tribalism, and fat phobia at Universities.

5.    Yes, this one may be in the Sociological Review, but give it a chance! Another one about British political culture and the EU referendum. #PostcolonialMelancholy


6.    This Elle article about the important distinction between failing and being a failure is just lovely.

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me