10 Loves #9

Sunday 2 October 2016 |


1.     We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Jane Fowler was a smart and surprising book, unlike anything else I’ve read and certainly not what I was expecting. Put it on your list, trust me.

2.    I spent some quality time with myself at the beginning of the month when I house sitted for my sister and her husband while they were away with my niece. I wallowed in the glory that was a long weekend of lie ins, movie days, pastries, and early morning runs. What a way to welcome the month.

3.    Clarins’ Skin Beauty Repair Serum provides some serious SOS.

4.    I’ve begun watching Easy on Netflix after pressing pause on Gilmore Girls for the time being while I accept the fact I don’t live in Stars Hollow or go to Yale. I’m only a few episodes in but I’m enjoying it so far.

5.    Man Repeller’s horoscopes are hilarious; critic converted (but don’t tell)

6.    Shout out to Amy Schumer, whose live show me and my friend saw this month in Manchester. She is hella smart and an all round queen.

7.    I could write a whole post about trailers for movies I’m exciting to see in the coming months but for now I’ll leave you with La La Land and Lion.

8.    It’s beginning to feel like autumn and I’ve been celebrating by making a soup every week. My courgette and carrot soup is already this season’s staple (did you notice how I turned into a fashion blogger there?)

9.    This lovely interview with Bon Iver made wonderful reading.

10. One Song into the first listen of Solange’s new album, A Seat at the Table and I knew it was my new favourite; listening to it is how I imagine world peace would feel. 

Photo courtesy of Man Repeller

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me