What I've read on the web this week #2

Sunday 24 July 2016 |


1. Man Repeller never gets old

2. I loved reading this surprisingly quaint and familiar insight into how the leader of the free world works, including the now famous 7 almonds which get him through late nights at the White House. 

3. Yes, I read an in- depth post-colonial critique of Harry Potter in my spare time, just in case you weren't sure how niche my interests were.

4. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Zizek Manoeuvre. This really made me chuckle. Watch your backs, political nerds of Manchester 

5. This situation in LA, reported by the Washington Post, shows how easy it is for inequalities to be reinforced by lazy, ill thought- through, or out of date legislation. Yet, in this case the journalist seems to end up concluding the state is favouring teacher job security over the quality of teaching purposefully. 

6. Here’s some solid career and life advice from Caroline, who also confirms once and for all that it’s not socially acceptable to eat donuts before 11am 


What has tickled your fancy online lately?

Image courtesy of The Pool 

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me