10 Loves #2

Friday 28 August 2015 |

I’ve had a bit of a mare of a week for various reasons, so I thought I’d compile a quick list of things that have been making me happy, just to put things into perspective.

1.    Swimming…it’s an amazing feeling being able to be active again. There’s nothing like a few lengths to calm the mind

2.    Big bowls of porridge…you could say I’m a bit obsessed with porridge. It’s starting to get chilly in the mornings- despite the fact it’s August- and there’s something weirdly therapeutic and comforting about the ritual of making a big ol’ bowl of warm porridge. I like to pile on lots of fruit and honey.

3.    Music…at my new job we have the greatest playlist of all time. Just sayin’. Lykke Li, Joni Mitchell, Nina Simone and Bill Withers to name but a few of the sweet souls who get me through the weekend.

4.    Falafel…what more can I say? It’s the best.

5.    The Holiday… I not-so-secretly loved this prematurely festive evening watching this classic. I’m never going to say no to a Jude Law film. Has anyone ever looked so hot even with a napkin over their face? I think not.

6.    Speaking of holidays…it’s only as I’m writing this that I’ve realised I haven’t had a SINGLE holiday this year. What is that about and why haven’t I noticed until now? A considerable amount of time over the last few weeks has been spent researching holiday destinations for next year. My list of destinations I want to visit is too long so I’ll save it for another day. But Edinburgh and New York are 2 places I’m dying to visit at the mo. (I’ll probably be saving for about 20 years to go to NYC)

7.    Roasted vegetables…(this is the last food item on here I promise). I love vegetables and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Be it parsnip, sweet potato, pepper; I am game.

8.    Flowers…I’ve been house sitting for my grandma for a few days this week, and it’s been so lovely looking out the window and seeing her beautiful garden. It’s so well kept but wild at the same time, I don’t know how she does it.

9.    This article from Bleubird…made me feel a lot more positive about improving my posture. My posture is so terrible. Sometimes I catch myself in the mirror and I am all hunched over like a granny. I’m making correcting it a priority so I don’t look like the hunchback of Notre Dame by age 30.

10. The girl in the spider’s web…I learnt this week that there’s a new addition to the Millennium series which I absolutely devoured a couple of years ago. Sadly the author of the first 3, Stieg Larsson, passed away in 2004 so this one is written by Swedish writer David Lagercrantz. I can’t wait to get my mits on it!


What has made you happy this week?

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me