Sunday best: Breakfast

Sunday 31 January 2016 |

If you know me, you’ll know that I bloody love Sundays. I have done for as long as I can remember. Some of my favourite memories have taken place on Sundays. There’s something so special about waking up to a noticeably quieter world, being able to stop and appreciate the light streaming through the window, and listening to the birds sing. I cherish that Sundays have the magical power to slowly turn a quiet, plan free day into an adventure, in a way that no other weekday can.

I hereby dedicate this segment to all things Sunday! A kind of shrine, if you will, to the best the week has to offer. First up, breakfast.

My weekday breakfast has consisted of porridge and fruit for about 2 years now, so at the weekend I like to change things up a bit. I know, crazy. I give you,  peanut butter blueberry toast. It’s exactly what it says on the tin. If you’re not quite convinced by the name (I don’t blame you), perhaps the pic below will entice you?



It’s the easiest breakfast ever and kind of needs no explanation, so I’ll just go through the basics. This beauty consists of peanut butter on toast- I go for a relatively healthy chunky peanut butter by Whole Earth (£3.19 in all good supermarkets), but any nut butter will do- followed by a blueberry compote (I say a compote, but I literally just microwave some blueberries with a drop of water for a minute) and voilàyou've got yourself a delicious and nutritious start to the day. If you have a sweet tooth, why not add a drop of honey on top and smother it all together? Yum.


Told you it was easy! It takes 2 minutes max to prepare and is in the true spirit of Sundays- I can’t think of a better way to start your day of rest!

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me