Spring/Summer Literary Wish list

Sunday 13 March 2016 |

As much as I’d love to recreate the perfect image of curling up in front of the fire with a good book and a hot chocolate, all I want to do in winter is watch movies. My reading time is spring/summer. For me, there’s no better way to spend a summer’s day than outside with a book and a mojito- lemonade, I mean with a lemonade…


1.    The Cursed Child, JK Rowling. This is not a sequel. I repeat this is NOT a Harry Potter sequel. JK Rowling can try, but it doesn’t make me any less excited about this play. (But reading a play is never the same, it’s like reading sheet music amirite?)

2.    Big Magic, Elizabeth Gilbert. I’m an Eat Pray Love gal through and through so I’m dying to know what pieces of wisdom Gilbert has lined up for us in her latest best seller. This has been out for a while but better late than never eh?

3.  All Too Human: A Political Education, George Stephanopoulos. I’m a sucker for a good political book. This was released in the late 90’s and is a glimpse into the early days of the Clinton administration, when it was ambitious, hopeful and optimistic. Written by George, who served as Clinton’s communications director, I’ve heard it’s an amazing insight into what it’s really like to work with politicians behind the scenes at the highest level.

4.    Cook Happy, Cook Healthy by Fearne Cotton is a gem I’ve been waiting for all my life. I am obsessed with Fearne’s Instagram predominantly for her amazing recipes, some of which I hope she’ll share with us in this book! It’s due to be published on 2nd June.

5.    My Life on the Road, Gloria Steinem. If Emma Watson recommends a book, you read it. This memoir promises to steal my heart. Gloria Steinem has been through it all, literally, including the last 2 waves of feminism. I have a feeling this will be one I don’t put down.

PS, I can’t emphasis enough how this is just a shortlist; I have a constant list of books to read on my iphone notes! So these really are the chosen ones.

What do you prefer reading? Non- fiction, novels, memoir, graphic novels?

What books are on your shortlist right now? I would love to know!

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me